image for Historic Dockland item typeVictoria Quays

Historic Dockland

Contact

Victoria Quays

Address

Furnival Road,
Sheffield,
S4 7YA

Details

Victoria Quays was constructed 1816–1819 as the terminus of the Sheffield Canal (now part of the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation) and includes the former coal yards of the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway. The basin ceased operation as a cargo port in 1970 and the site and buildings were largely neglected. A restoration and redevelopment of 1992–1994 reopened the site providing new office and business space and leisure facilities as well as berths for leisure canal boats. There are a number of Grade II listed buildings on the site. These include the original Terminal Warehouse of 1819, the Straddle Warehouse (1895–1898), a grain warehouse (c.?1860), and a curved terrace of coal merchant's offices (c.?1870).

Baby changing facilitiesCredit cards accepted (with charge)Disabled toiletsAccepts groups

Directions

See location of Victoria Quays on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: SK 361880  Lat: 53.38762 Long: -1.45867

Parking: with charge

Accessible by Public Transport: 1 mile from Sheffield station

Facilities

  • Baby changing facilitiesBaby changing facilities
  • Credit cards accepted (with charge)Credit cards accepted (with charge)
  • Disabled toiletsDisabled toilets
  • Accepts groupsAccepts groups
Privacy Policy